We’re thrilled to have Maura Donahue, former Chair of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, speaking at our 2nd annual summit on February 28. Donahue has long been a visible and vocal advocate for small business issues. Currently, she is the president of DonahueFavret Contractors, Inc, a commercial general contractor headquartered in Louisiana. Previously she has been on the Chamber’s Council on Small Business for more than 10 years, 5 as a chair.
Donahue has an impressive resume of small business activism. She has served on numerous boards, including:
- Louisiana Association of Business and Industry
- Northshore Community Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity St. Tammany West
- Resource Bank
- Committee of 100
- Greater New Orleans Inc.,
- Blueprint Louisiana
- State of Louisiana Board of Commerce & Industry
- St. Tammany Parish Economic Development Foundation
- St. Tammany Parish Chamber of Commerce
If her board memberships weren’t impressive enough, Donahue has also been elected to the Junior Achievement Business Hall of Fame and was awarded Person of the Year by the Associated Builders and Contractors Bayou Chapter in 2009.